How to Submit Art to PostcardMania
Pictures & Logos
Please provide good quality, clean copies of pictures or logos and we will scan them.
We DO NOT accept negatives.
NOTE: If you want us to scan a PRINTED piece, be aware that the scan will show the ink dots that were used in the printing process and result in a poorer quality image than the original. Try to use original art whenever possible.
Acceptable digital file formats:
- PDF (Prepress Quality) – the most preferred file format
- AI (Illustrator)
- INDD (InDesign)
- PSD (at least 300 dpi)
- QXD (Quark)
- JPG (Maximum Quality – at least 300 dpi at approximately the finished size)
- TIFF (300-350 dpi)
- BMP (1200 dpi)
- MICROSOFT WORD, EXCEL & POWER POINT (But will be used as TEXT ONLY). We will cut and paste into our graphics programs. These programs also allow files to be saved as hi-res PDFs, which is a preferred file format.
NOT Acceptable file formats:
- GIF (Not enough colors to look good.)
- MICROSOFT PUBLISHER, WORKS, OR WORD PERFECT.
- ANY OTHER NATIVE PAINT PROGRAM OR DRAWING PROGRAM THAT CANNOT BE CONVERTED TO A JPG (300 dpi), EPS, TIFF (300 dpi), OR PDF (2400 dpi).We are aware that some printing companies will accept these programs. The reason we don’t accept them is simply because the final product does not come out as well as when you don’t send the specific files we need. These programs don’t export the images at a high enough quality to produce a superlative printed postcard. We are only interested in providing the most superior product possible.
PLEASE DO NOT ASK US TO USE IMAGES PULLED FROM A WEB SITE. They may look okay on your monitor and inkjet printer, but they are low-resolution and will print poorly on a four-color press. Provide us with a high-resolution image whenever possible, or a good copy, and we will scan it for you. The better the quality of the original image, the better the quality of the finished product.
PostcardMania® has a large selection of photos and images in stock. We will do our best to accommodate you with our images. If we can’t, we’ll let you know. If you have something special in mind, you can purchase a photo easily right from the internet.
**IMPORTANT NOTE** Make sure the images you buy are at least 300 dpi or approximately 9MB in size for a 6 x 4.25 Postcard. We also suggest ROYALTY FREE to keep your costs down.
You can find the photos you want to use for your design at fotolia.com. Once you have found the images you want to use, give us the Image ID.
Scan photos as close to the finished size as possible. Resolution should be 300-350 dpi. Scans at lower resolutions may print fuzzy and scans at higher resolutions may be cumbersome as files are large with no added quality. One Color Bitmap images should be scanned at 1200 dpi.
NOTE: When scanning from a PRINTED piece, the scan will show ink dots that result in a poor quality image. Try to use original art whenever possible.
Be sure to obey copyright laws when scanning printed pieces and get permission in writing when necessary.
Most low-end digital cameras cannot produce a high enough resolution for four color printing. If you must use one, put the settings at the highest quality setting possible.
How to Provide Digital Art
We accept: CD, DVD, email, or you can simply upload your art directly to us. Include only the files needed to produce your job. Please label all disks.
When E-MAILING art, put your company name in the subject line. Stuff or Zip your artwork to allow smaller files and safer transmission.
If you have questions about what is acceptable or not, please call our Production Department. 1-800-628-1804