Direct Mail Postcards: Marketing That Works
So how do you do it? Direct mail marketing, that is.
When it comes to marketing your product or services there are two basic challenges:
1. How do you obtain new customers or clients?
2. How do you get your existing customers to come back for more?
Direct mail/direct response marketing answers both these challenges admirably (it's not the only way to do it but it is a proven method that always works). You can ALWAYS rely on DIRECT MAIL MARKETING.
The postcard-direct marketing's secret weapon…
One of the simplest and most cost-effective forms of direct mail marketing is the POSTCARD. Because postcards work so well they can be considered one of the key small business marketing strategies.
“I switched from sending out a monthly newsletter to my mailing list, to sending out full-color post cards.
“Not only did it save me money on the cost of printing, but it saved me the hassle of having to prepare the mailings.
“Feedback has been very positive from our clients and the leads have been pouring in. Plus my website hits have increased due to promotion of it on our postcards!” ~Kerry Fuller, Realty Executives
Direct mail marketing strategies…
To get new customers all you need to do is:
- Figure out who your perfect target market is – base this on who you're selling to now and buy a mailing list matching that criteria and demographics. This is easier than you think. Many companies can now take your customer list and add information to it giving you all the demographic data you need to purchase a list that will target your ideal customer!
- Send them a postcard offering them something hard to refuse… a gas card is a creative idea right now. You can even co-op your promotion with a close by gas station!
- The rest is up to your ability to sell.
To get your existing customers to come back for more all you need to do is:
- Keep accurate records of your customers (anyone who has ever bought anything from you) in a database and keep it current.
- Send them frequent mailings. Postcards are excellent. You can send out a newsletter. You can send out personalized letters. But keep contacting them. Tell them about new products or services. Get them to respond.
- Obviously you have to deliver excellent service or a great product. You will get results with these marketing techniques even if you don't deliver good service or a great product, but it won't last long and you won't be able to maintain it.
Remember, the more you contact someone – a good prospect, someone that has already reached for your product once – the more they'll think of you when the need or desire becomes undeniable again.
So, do it correctly and you cannot fail.