Save on Postage With
Every Door Direct Mail
REQUEST FREE EDDM SAMPLES
Every Door Direct Mail
Could your business benefit from reaching every home in your neighborhood? Every Door Direct Mail (EDDM) could be for you! The U.S. Post Office Every Door Direct Mail is a specific USPS door to door service that lets you blanket an entire mail carrier route with your postcards for a discounted postage rate.
Watch this video to see how EDDM Postcards works.
What kinds of businesses should use EDDM Mailers?
While many businesses get the best results from a targeted mailing list, others do well with a saturation mailing that hits every residence in their area. Some of the industries that can benefit from EDDM are:
- Retail stores
- Dry cleaners
- Salons and spas
- Auto repair
What qualifies a mailing for EDDM services?
To take advantage of the special postage discount, your EDDM postcards campaign must meet specific criteria:
- EDDM sizes — your postcard be taller than 6.125” or longer than 11.5” and smaller than 12”x15”.
- You must mail only to zip codes in USPS door to door routes (we can tell you if they are)
- Your mailing must be at least 200 pieces AND at least one complete carrier route (So a mailing of 200 that only covers 70% of one route would not qualify, nor would a mailing of 58 that covers an entire route)
- You may only mail 5,000 EDDM postcards per day
If you and your marketing consultant decide that EDDM is right for your business, we will make sure all of the Every Door Direct Mail size specifications are met!
Why Wouldn't a Business Use EDDM?
To put it simply: Even if you're saving money on EDDM USPS postage, if you're not targeting the right people, you're wasting money. EDDM works well for services that everyone needs (dental, auto repair, food, etc.), but less well – in terms of response rate – for niche products and services (child care, trombone repair, high-end real estate, etc.), simply because not everyone in your area wants or needs what you offer.
The cost of EDDM Retail is $0.16 per piece. After all is said and done, the postage savings can reach up to 7 cents over standard letter mail, or 3 cents over 4x6 postcard first class postage rate. That adds up fast when you’re sending thousands of postcards!
Reviews Google Rating: 4.66 Stars
– Brian Brunckhorst, Advantage Laundry, Inc.
– Bill Bailey, Bill Bailey For Congress
– Dominique Nelson, Nelson Construction & Renovations
– Susan Marone, Behind the Barre Fitness Studio
– Brian Skelton, Brian Skelton CPA
– Tim Simounet, Englewood Lawn & Landscapes
– Mark Ferguson, Wilkerson - Laverne & Janet's Jewelry
– Jo Hancock, TexasCountryLivingRealty.com
– Wilkerson-Stanley Jewelers
– Donna L. Miller, RE/MAX Realtec Group
– Transitions Dental Company
– Hightower Service, Inc
– G&C Landscaping
– Jamba Juice
– Spyros Mamalis, Olive Grove Restaurant
– Curtis Lewis, Curtis J. Lewis Fine Jewelry
– Rob Mascari, Franchise Owner, Merry Maids
– Smeed CPA Inc
– Dr. Jason Monroe, Village Green Dental Case Study
– Farmers Insurance
– Hudson Mechanical Systems
– Peter Molina, Co-Owner, GreenTree Construction
– Richard Santer, CMO, Browning Fitness
– Jim Williams, Triad Residential Solutions
– Tri City Sprinklers & Landscaping
– Mike Carey, Gutter Man of Tampa Bay
– Yates Dry Cleaning
– Pinnacle Insurance
Can I use my current postcard design for EDDM postcards?
In most cases, yes! USPS Every Door Direct Mail has its own set of EDDM specs that a postcard must meet, but it usually isn't a problem. And we can always edit a postcard design to make sure it meets the EDDM postcards standards. No biggie. Plus – enter your email above to receive some USPS EDDM template ideas for your campaign!
Can I ask that certain addresses NOT receive my postcard?
Nope. But that’s the EDDM USPS’s rule, not ours. If you want a custom-tailored, targeted mailing list, we can get you one.
Can’t I do EDDM myself?
Yes, but know this: there are several EDDM specs and requirements in terms of sorting your EDDM postcards including filling out the paperwork correctly. We can organize all this for you if you order your EDDM mailers through us – OR we can direct you on how to do them yourself if you’d prefer that option.
What is the difference between Every Door Direct Mail Retail and EDDM BMEU?
EDDM Retail does not require a mailing permit, but is limited to standard flats (postcards/EDDM flyers) and allows a maximum of 5,000 pieces per day. EDDM BMEU (Business Mail Entry Unit) requires a special bulk-mailing permit, but allows for a little more flexibility in terms of what can be mailed.
What is the estimated EDDM delivery time?
The USPS estimates the delivery time for standard direct mail to be 3-10 days, but they do not guarantee this window. They consider anything after 14 days to be late.
Where can I get the EDDM post office forms?
See the Every Door Direct Mail User Guide for all form information.
Is there a non-profit discount for EDDM?
No. It is still cheaper to use Standard Non-Profit Direct Mail if you qualify.
How can I access the EDDM Business Gateway?
Previous users can access the USPS Business Customer Gateway here.