It’s time for another website design analysis, and I’ve got a terrific one for you: Evans Paving of Bear, DE.
As always, we’ll be following the 5 essentials of a business website design.
Go through their site with me: http://www.evanspavingllc.com/
Wow. What an attention-grabber! Evans Paving’s site has a black background with bright yellow and white details — very eye-catching, and SPOT ON for their industry. Visitors to your site should know immediately what you’re offering, and this design certainly accomplishes that. They also include lots of photos of the kinds of work they do — you can’t have too many photos! And the yellow tabs across the top make the site very easy to navigate.
This site has a lot of good marketing going on:
- Contact info at the top of the page: Their phone number is in BRIGHT YELLOW NUMBERS at the top of every page. Not only does this make it easy for prospects to reach them, it adds a lot of legitimacy to a website. Have you ever been looking at a site and not seen a phone number or address? Sketchville! Evans Paving’s number is at the top AND bottom of every page, plus there’s a separate Contact Us page.
- A discount offer: Right in the middle of the homepage is an offer for 10% off your next job. If saving money is your goal — and whose isn’t? — they’re off to a great start.
- A great CTA (call to action): I always say the more specific the CTA, the better, and this is exactly what I’m talking about. (Call NOW to schedule your FREE, no-obligation estimate!)
- Testimonials: The testimonials from satisfied customers sprinkled throughout the site help generate trust. People are a lot more likely to believe the word of other customers than what you say about your own company.
- A web form to capture prospect information: This is a MUST for any website. Here, they offer a quote in exchange for the visitor’s contact information. People don’t want to have to CALL for a quote, so this is a win-win! What would make it even better is if the form was on the home page — or EVERY PAGE!
SEO is the practice of optimizing your website so that search engines can understand what your website is about and rank it for relevant keywords people might be using to search for businesses like yours. The better your SEO, the higher your website ranks on search engines like Google and Bing. This site uses relevant phrases like “commercial parking lots,” “driveways” and “asphalt paving” to attract visitors who are searching for those services.
Evans Paving’s site doesn’t overwhelm visitors with a lot of copy (words). They get straight to the point with simple, professional writing. Their use of bullets and subheads on their Services page helps visitors quickly scan the content for what they’re looking for.
This is the tech-y stuff that goes into making a website run smoothly and gets very little love but is SO IMPORTANT. Everything works as it should on this site — quickly and seamlessly, with no broken images or error pages. Good job, guys!