Hello there my lawn-cutting and landscaping friends! We’ve worked with many of your peers and now I’m here to tell you the results of their marketing campaigns. Contained below are tactics that were successful in your industry. Let’s dig in…
After analyzing the campaigns of our successful landscaping clients, we were able to identify three elements that were consistently great performers. These are what we call “successful actions” (clever, I know). We were also able to confirm two successful mailing lists and multiple successful offers for both lawn-cutting upscale landscaping services.
Shall we? We shall…
1. Promote Lawn-Cutting Services First
The best way to market your services (even if they are upscale landscaping services), is to offer FREE lawn cutting first. Then, once you’re in the door, upsell your landscaping services! No matter how amazing you are, you need to convince people to give you a shot first. That’s what the FREE offer does. Don’t neglect it.
2. Images of Actual Work (and You!)
You get a better response if you show images of actual work you’ve done, rather than stock photos. Believe it or not, most people can tell the difference (especially if you’re using pictures of hills in Florida — they ain’t here). We’ve also found it helpful for landscapers to have pictures of themselves and their staff on the card. Get personal, it’s okay.
3. Autumn Clean-Up Campaigns
Some of the most successful campaigns we see are fall “leaf clearing” campaigns. If you’re in a climate that allows for it (i.e. autumn happens where you live — sorry, Florida), promoting this service with your postcards is a fantastic way to get some extra autumn work. Not only that, but your clients will remember you when spring rolls around again!
Mailing Lists and Offers
When it comes to mailing lists, we found two successful options:
• List of a specific neighborhood
• Pick a specific neighborhood with high home values and target all of the homes in that neighborhood
• Mail to many different neighborhoods
• Target single family homeowners whose home value is $300k+ or $500k+ if you specialize in upscale landscaping
Almost done! Here is a list of the most successful landscaping offers we tracked. Pick one that fits your business and reap the benefits.
• Lawn Cutting Services
• First Two Cuts Free
• Lawn Service: $24.95 per visit + 50% off Fertilizer Applications for 2010
• Free Lawn Aeration! (ask for details)
• 50% off First Month’s Service
• Upscale Landscaping
• 20–50% Off Installation
• Free Consultation
• 5% off if over $2500, 10% off over $5000
Until next time, enjoy the new clients!
Remember: Post any questions (and, obviously, comments) in the comments section! I want to hear from you!